In preparation of this years Spezi, I put back the original fork. Lobbes is now much lower again and steers a whole lot better. Further upgrades include the Sora crank set from the K and lighter tubes. This afternoon a SP hub dynamo came in from Taiwan. I'll build a new front wheel that saves another half a kilo. All these upgrades will surely result in a Pioneer weighing less than 18kg. Which isn't light, I know that. But it's acceptable if you know how fantasticly it rides and how versatile it is.
On the other hand, I added weight to the K too. Today I installed an Airzound. It's known as a torture device, but after several 'moments' when even a 5 meter wide road barely was wide enough, because some people have no idea of the other traffic, I ordered one. This added weight will make my rides more relaxed. And don't worry, I tend to ride carefully and with respect to traffic laws. And I brake for animals, especially for coots ;-)
Speedwise, the biggest step in mentioned in this blog post is the rain cover I made for Ksynonica J.. Made from Coroplast, it looks rather cheap. However, I expect it to keep me dry and I've already noticed a significant aero advantage. Easily 4% or so at 40kph, and that's cruising speed area.
More numbers? Yep. Based on quite some experience I can say that on my 41.8km commute, from Nazca to home, my K is 15% faster than my Mango was. This under 'normal' conditions, with the usual commuter power input. There are 2 sections of road where the K is slower, 2 sections with old brick road surface.
Yesterday was the first day with 'spring-and-want-to-ride-my-pretty-Fuego-weather'. 58km of happiness. Faster than expected and, for the 1st time ever, without a helmet. (there's been quite a debate on that in the Dutch 'bent scene)
After that ride I made a video. A video that answers a question about the Evo K. A question I never really understood. Because A: you hardly ever have to work on a crank set and B: it's really easy to reach.